This is our family’s mission, as drafted over a year ago while seeking inspiration from God for our family. No changes have been made in the entire year since these points were adopted, and when followed they bring great peace, order and love to our home. Sure, we’re not perfect at doing all of these things all of the time, but we like that it is basic, easy to understand, and within all of our reach.
Our Family’s Mission
Our home is a house of prayer, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of order, a house of God.
The mission will be accomplished by living the following rules and virtues:
- Leave it like you found it, only better – if you open it, close it.
- Only you can prevent household messes.
- Use indoor voices.
- Be kind.
- Love unfeigned; charity, caring for others’ welfare despite any wrongdoing.
- Gentleness; soft, not treating others harshly.
- Meekness; humility, uncomplaining, and teachable.
- Acceptance; seeing others in eternal perspective, reflecting only the good you see in them, and judging with compassion and patience.
- Use manners and be courteous.
- Trust; lovingly allowing others to exercise their agency to choose right or wrong and to accept the consequences patiently.
- Responsibility; acknowledging and assuming your role in any situation including repenting for past wrongdoing.
- Being honest, a personal commitment to righteousness, wisdom and learning.
- Reverence; a deep respect and love for God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost and all they have done and created for us.